Watts Pick to Hit Pop Up Content
Diamonds in the Rough
Edwin Watts golf offers some superb products that you definitely don't want to overlook. If they didn't get there deserved share of media fanfare when first coming to the market, then now is your chance to prosper. They're great pieces of equipment that can really boost your game and lower your score. And regardless of if they've been out in the market for a while of brand new to it, our Watts Experts have tested them out in the field and found them to be more than worthwhile. So here are some Diamonds In The Rough that will keep you out of the rough. We've found these gems to be terrific values for your game. We highly suggest you give them strong consideration.
Ping G30 Men's Driver w/ Tour Shaft Graphite
Ping G30 Driver
An emphasis on speed with no sacrifice in performance sets the new Ping G30 Drivers apart. To generate faster clubhead speed and ball velocity for longer drives, turbulators were engineered onto the crown of the 460cc heads. Proven in wind-tunnel testing to reduce aerodynamic drag and create efficient airflow, the added speed from Turbulator Technology provides measurable distance gains for all skill levels. At address, they create a captured appearance with the ball and assist with alignment and inspiration.
The G30 drivers' CG position is the lowest and farthest back of any PING model, ensuring optimal launch conditions and an even higher MOI in both axes for extreme forgiveness and maximum energy transfer. A new high-strength, lightweight T9S titanium face is thinner and hotter to optimize face deflection for faster ball speeds and longer drives. Another source of power is the TFC 419D high-balance-point shaft. The CG is closer to the grip end, allowing for a heavier head, which increases the MOI and contributes to the extremely low CG. The result is more energy, momentum and inertia for greater distance with accuracy.
The adjustable hosel has the same mass and outer diameter as PING's fixed hosels, providing the benefits of adjustability with no sacrifice in performance. Trajectory Tuning+ Technology offers five settings, allowing you to optimize your ball flight by increasing or reducing loft by 6/10ths of a degree or one full degree, to maximize distance and control. Settings are standard, +0.6°, +1°, -0.6°, and -1°. The G30 SF Tec driver is for golfers whose swing path produces tee shots right of their intended target. Weight is positioned near the heel to help square the face at impact. Combined with a lighter swingweight, these factors improved shot bend in player testing by 12 yards compared to the G30 standard driver, steering the ball into the fairway with unmatched consistency.
- Crown Turbulators: Improve aerodynamics by reducing drag forces, which helps increase club head speed for more distance.
- New T9S Face Material: Higher strength/weight ratio allows for thinner, hotter face. Saves 4 grams from faee, which are reallocated to help better position the CG (lower and farther back than G25) and increase MOI for more forgiveness.
- SF (Straight Flight) Tec Model: Heel weighting and lighter swing weight promote straighter ball flight.
- Adjustable Hosel (+ - 1°): Ability to add/reduce up to 1 degree of loft to fine-tune trajectory. Additional adjustability achieved without added weight to the hosel region.
- CG Positioned Low/Back: Increases MOI and reduces spin for longer, straighter drives.
- Sole Louvers: Thin walls stabilize sound, save weight for reallocation to other areas for increased perimeter weighting and CG position optimization.
- Sole CTP: Greater range of weights accommodates wide range of after-market shafts for optimizing swingweight.
- Tour 65 Shaft: Lower trajectory, added control. Tour look/feel with silver PVD finish.