Watts Pick to Hit Pop Up Content
Diamonds in the Rough
Edwin Watts golf offers some superb products that you definitely don't want to overlook. If they didn't get there deserved share of media fanfare when first coming to the market, then now is your chance to prosper. They're great pieces of equipment that can really boost your game and lower your score. And regardless of if they've been out in the market for a while of brand new to it, our Watts Experts have tested them out in the field and found them to be more than worthwhile. So here are some Diamonds In The Rough that will keep you out of the rough. We've found these gems to be terrific values for your game. We highly suggest you give them strong consideration.
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin Men's Tour Wedges - Steel
Ships in 1-2 business day(s)
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Tour Wedge
As the game evolves to a more distance-centric playing style, players are finding themselves facing an increasing number of scoring opportunities from 125 yards and in. As it is, 65% of all golf shots take place from this distance, and that number is only expected to rise. This evolution in the game demands an evolution in the wedge game as well.
Cleveland Golf's Rotex face technology literally changed the face of spin in golf last year. The 588 Rotex 2.0 takes spin control to yet another level. 15% sharper grooves and a new micro-milled Rotex face pattern give these wedges the most surface roughness the USGA will allow. It's Spin 2.0.
- Fourth generation Tour Zip Grooves combine sharper grooves and deeper micro milling to provide superior spin on all shots from the rough.
- Advanced, 2-pass micro milling pattern provides a strategically designed roughness close to the USGA limit. This leads to increased friction and more spin, especially from inconsistent lies.
- Fine tunes the micro-roughness for more consistency and texture across the face. This allows us to reach the USGA roughness limit, and pushing this boundary lends itself to increased spin on pitch and chip shots.
- Traditional muscle-back head shape for the better player.
- Three grind options makes it easier than ever for any golfer to build a wedge set that maximizes performance based on turf conditions, playing preference, and skill level.
Low Bounce Grind (1 Dot)
- Trailing Edge Grind + maximum heel and toe grind
- Lowest effective bounce
- Keeps leading edge close to ground for aggressive lob shots, yet provides stability on square-faced full shots
Standard Bounce Grind (2 Dot)
- Trailing Edge Grind + moderate trailing relief
- Mid effective bounce
- All-around playability and versatility, allowing golfer to executea variety of shots from most playing conditions
Full Sole (3 Dot)
- Constant Sole Width
- Higher effective bounce
- Allows the golfer to use the sole to their advantage around the greens. Full shape gives stability on full shots, however the curvature in the sole still allows player to open the face.